Social Work internship
Do you want to contribute to a large community project in a township? Then this social work internship in Cape Town is for you!
What we offer within this Social Work internship in Cape Town:
– An internship period of 4 to 10 months;
– Work closely with a specialized Social Worker;
– Working with children and adults in a township;
– Choose from two different target groups to work with.
What will you do?
Our client is an NGO based in one of the townships outside of Cape Town. They focus on skill development and education through three programs. The focus is on both children and adults, for example, they train young people in a chosen field such as barista, graphic design or hairdresser. In addition, there is a program where students receive help with their studies and where they are prepared for further studies or a job. Finally, they teach unemployed adults how to create their own vegetable garden for both their own use and sales.
Within this social work internship you have the choice to focus on the participants (children, young people and unemployed adults). Or the staff of the organization (mostly from the relevant township). Depending on the target group, you will mainly focus on preparing and giving presentations. You also support in training new staff and volunteers or, for example, conducting interviews. You support psychosocial therapy sessions for both participants and staff. You conduct conversations, report these and determine together with the Social Worker whether someone should be referred for long-term assistance.
Does this vacancy match what you are looking for in an internship? Then respond today!
What we are looking for:
– Bachelor/Master study in the direction of Social Work of Psychology;
– Excellent knowledge of the English language in speech and writing;
– Experience with similar activities is an advantage;
– Available for a minimum of 4 months.
Are you the perfect candidate for this vacancy? Then respond immediately with reference to vacancy S9.
Phone: +27 (0)65 8719815