Social Work/ Pedagogical internship at school
Are you studying Social Work or Pedagogy and are you looking for an internship with children / youth with behavioral problems? Then read on!
What we offer with this Social Work/ Pedagogical internship at a school in Cape Town:
– An internship period of 4 to 10 months;
– Close collaboration with a specialized team;
– Working with children with FASD;
– Participate in an intensive accompanying school system.
What will you do?
Our client is a high school for children from a high-risk environment for approximately 120 students from 13 to 25 years old. (1 class per grade). The aim of the school is to break the vicious circle of poverty, crime and unemployment by providing these children with education. A full-time social worker is present at school who guides the students. Social workers are concerned daily with the problems that a student encounters and refuses to be able to focus on school, aspects such as home situation, community and personality are discussed.
Within this position you support the social worker with daily activities. You will attend conversations that the Social Worker has and become involved in any conversations with the families. In addition, you coach and guide students, you organize activities related to sports, music and art. The school has a life skills program that you will actively contribute to and a lot of time is spent on the football program for both boys and girls.
Is this your ideal internship? Don’t wait any longer and then respond today!
What are we looking for?:
– HBO / WO study in the direction of Social Work / Pedagogy;
– Excellent command of the English language in speech and writing;
– Experience with the same target group is an advantage;
– A high degree of self-assurance.
Are you the perfect candidate for this vacancy? Then respond immediately with reference to vacancy S15.
Phone: +27 (0)65 8719815