Social Work internship
Do you study Social Work and would you like to do an internship in Cape Town? Then read on!
What we offer within this Social Work internship in Cape Town:
– An internship period of 4 to 10 months;
– Work closely with a specialized Social Worker;
– An internship that offers space for 25 children staying in-house at the organization;
– A workplace in the trendy Woodstock district.
What will you do?
Our client is a child and youth organization that focuses on children without parents and refugees who have come to South Africa. They offer a caring and safe place to 25 children who have to deal with psychological, emotional and behavioral problems. There is also aftercare available for children and their families who are no longer staying at the organization itself. They are located in the Woodstock district.
Within the function of Social Work intern you guide the children in their daily life. Since they also live within this organization you will spend a lot of time with them. You support with the leadership of the group during meals, activities and outings. You create a safe and reliable atmosphere for the children and you report both the development and any remarkable actions or situations of the children. Finally, you support them during their homework moments and you assist with programs that are set up during the school holidays.
Would you like to do your internship within this organization? Then respond today!
What we are looking for:
– Bachelor/ Master study in the direction of Social Work;
– Excellent knowledge of the English language in speech and writing;
– A confident attitude is important;
– Affinity with children.
Are you the perfect candidate for this vacancy? Then respond immediately with reference to vacancy S11.
Phone: +27 (0)65 8719815