Do you want to gain experience with the mentally and physically disabled? Then this internship is interesting for you!
What we offer within this Psyhiotherapy internship in Cape Town:
– An internship period of 3 to 10 months;
– An internship with many specialized colleagues;
– Working with children and young adults with an intellectual and / or physical disability;
– Opportunities for research.
What will you do?
Our client is a housing facility for children and young adults with a physical or mental disability. They live here full time and the facility consists of 4 different departments with each department having around 15-25 residents. Because of their disability, this target group needs help with almost all facets of daily life such as showering, dressing, visiting the toilet, eating and activities. The housing facility stimulates contact with the home front and they are therefore always welcome to visit and they can also take the residents for an activity or, for example, a weekend away.
Within the function of physiotherapy intern you will go along with the physiotherapists. Within the facility there is a full-time occupational therapist and several part-time physiotherapists. So you have the opportunity to walk with both and learn from them. You also give the residents self-therapy. This can affect both children and young adults and due to their physical disability benefit from physiotherapy.
Does this vacancy appeal to you? Then respond today!
What are we looking for?:
– HBO / WO study in the direction of Physiotherapy;
– Excellent command of the English language in speech and writing;
– Experience with similar activities is an advantage;
– Available for a minimum of 3 months.
Are you the perfect candidate for this vacancy? Then respond immediately, quoting job S16.
Phone: +27 (0)65 8719815