Social Work/ Pedagogical internship at housing facility
Are you studying Social Work or Pedagogy and are you looking for an internship with children / youth with behavioral problems? Then read on!
What we offer in this Social Work/ Pedagogical internship at a housing facility in Cape Town:
– An internship period of 4 to 10 months;
– Close collaboration with a specialized team;
– Working with children with FASD;
– Participate in an intensive accompanying school system.
What will you do?
Our client is a residential facility for children with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD). Because of this disorder, these children are unable to live at home and are therefore cared for here. There is room for around 25 children between 4 and 18 years old. Many of these children go to a school specially for children with FASD. It is a 25-minute drive from the city center, you can use the bus system for this internship or you can take a rental car.
Within the Social Work / Pedagogy internship you support the team with daily activities. The children need support with their daily rhythm, such as meals, doing homework and other activities. You will be in contact with the children a lot and you will have many conversations with the children. In addition, it is important that order is kept. You report back to the supervisor about possible incidents and you think about fun activities / programs for the children.
Do you see a challenge in this vacancy? Then respond today!
What are we looking for:
– Bachelor/ Master study in the direction of Social Work / Pedagogy;
– Excellent knowledge of the English language in speech and writing;
– Experience with children / youth target groups is an advantage;
– A high degree of self-assurance.
Are you the perfect candidate for this vacancy? Then respond immediately with reference to vacancy S4.
Phone: +27 (0)65 8719815