Applied psychology internship
Are you studying Applied Psychology or Social Work? Would you like to do an internship with clients who have an eating disorder?
What we offer in this applied psychology internship in Cape Town:
– An internship period of 4 to 10 months;
– Close collaboration with a specialized team;
– An internship that offers space to clients with an eating disorder;
– A workplace at a beautiful location.
What will you be doing?
Our client is an organization that takes care of clients with an eating disorder including Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa and Binge Eating Disorder. The client works with both local and international clients and is known for their expertise in the field of eating disorders. Their team includes experienced psychologists, social workers, dietitians and more. The setting is a large villa with a great garden, swimming pool, gym and a view of Table Mountain!
Within the function of applied psychology intern you will mainly observe the first weeks of your internship, you will also be present at the clients’ meals and you will supervise after the meals. After your first few weeks you become more involved with the clients, they all follow their own path divided into different phases. Clients with severe underweight, for example, do individual activities / assignments in which you assist in the phase. Clients in their final phase of the program will support you in drawing up work schedules and activities, and you will also go shopping for clothing and groceries with them. Group outings are organized on Saturdays that you also support, then you get a weekday off to compensate for this.
Would you like to do your internship at this organization? Then respond today!
Wat wij zoeken:
– Bachelor/Master study in the direction of Applied Psychology or Social Work;
– Excellent knowledge of the English language in speech and writing;
– A confident attitude is important;
– Affinity with a vulnerable target group is an advantage.
Are you the perfect candidate for this vacancy? Then respond immediately, quoting vacancy S13.
Phone: +27 (0)65 8719815