Frequently Asked Questions
Can you start an internship at any time of the year?
How long does it take before you have found an internship?
Can you also do an internship if you do not study anymore?
What kind of internships do you mediate?
Do you receive a salary for an internship in Cape Town?
How far in advance should you apply for a visa?
Do you help when applying for a visa?
Which documents do you need for a visa for an internship in South Africa?
Do you also pay the mediation costs if you can not find a suitable internship?
What does an internship in Cape Town cost?
You can assume the following:
– Air ticket between 650 and 900 euros
– Food and drinks from 250 euros per month (that is if you cook yourself and do regular shopping, you go more than that is more expensive)
– Living space between 250 and 450 euros per month (depending on where you live and whether you share a room or have your own room)
– Car rental from 250 euros per month. A rental car is not always necessary, but sometimes very nice.
– One-off mediation costs 550 euro
– Visa, vaccination and insurance costs depend on your current insurance and what will be reimbursed.
– Then of course you still have costs of activities
Of course you have a lot of control and you can spend a lot more or less, the above is an indication.
Transport in Cape Town
How is public transport in Cape Town?
In some parts of the city there is a safe, reliable and affordable bus connection: the MyCiTi bus service.
What is a safe and good way of traveling with public transport?
Which taxi can you travel best?
The Uber is a taxi that you order via the Uber App on your phone, the payment is done online via credit card and wherever you are, often the taxi is within a few minutes. Choose your ride and set your location. You see the picture of your driver and details of the vehicle, and you can follow the arrival on the map. This way of traveling is very popular and cheaper than a regular taxi.